Pregnancy Massage Therapy
Pregnancy and Postnatal massage Therapy is a combination of remedial massage, shiatsu and acupressure massage. The treatment takes place in a side position with your bump, knees and ankles’ fully supported and is a wonderful support physically and mentally during pregnancy, labour and the post-natal period.
Health Benefits of Pregnancy Massage Therapy:
- Muscular discomforts such as leg cramps, muscle stiffness, tension and knots – massage improves circulation and can therefore stimulate the flow of blood to these areas, easing discomfort.
- Muscular imbalance caused by postural changes – massage can help the lumbar region to regain balance and relieve discomfort.
- Sciatic pain during pregnancy can be caused by a tight buttock muscle – massage can help to relax this muscle and relieve the pain caused by the pinched nerve.
- Constipation – regular abdominal massage will encourage your bowels to move.
- Headaches and sinus pain – massage of the face, neck and shoulders can help to alleviate sinus pressure and headaches caused by tension.
- Swelling/oedema – extra pressure your uterus places on your legs can lead to swelling in your feet and ankles. Massage can improve circulation and lymph flow to the affected areas, helping to reduce swelling.